Everything you need to home-brew the very best chai any time you want to . . .
Chai is an incredibly versatile beverage; It is soothing comforting and warming served in a steaming mug, but refreshing and invigorating iced. Why buy high fructose corn syrup laden concentrates at the grocery store when you can brew up your own chai exactly the way you like it?
This kit makes it fun and easy to brew chai at home. The kit includes enough to make four pots of chai, or sixteen cups. We pre-measure the ideal amount of base tea and spice for each batch and pack them separately so that you just have to add each bag to the pot. A convenient three-step instruction card is provided with the set.
We have blended up the perfect base tea for spiced chai- strong enough to stand out, but sweet and malty enough to make the chai irresistible. We use Laoshan Black for its malty and chocolatey notes, and Shui Jin Gui for its dark roasted caramel flavor.
Our signature Verdant Chai spice blend is full and complex, including all organic certified herbs and spices: ginger, cinnamon, galangal, peppercorn, tulsi, fennel, clove, burdock, goji berry, elderberry, nutmeg, saffron, vanilla bean.
Each set includes four 10g packets of base tea and four 10g packets of chai spice, about two and a half ounces of tea.
Hot Brewing Instructions
1. Bring two cups of filtered water to a boil. Add Packet #1 (chai spices) and allow to simmer covered on low heat for ten minutes.
2. Add two cups of almond milk. Add Packet #2 (Base tea blend) and slowly bring back to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Allow the mixture to simmer, but not boil for five minutes. Remove from heat, add up to two tablespoons of raw honey and enjoy.
Iced Brewing Instructions
1. Heat four cups of almond milk until it is just steaming, add both the tea and spice packets.
2. Pour into sealable jar or vessel, and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy a super-rich spiced chai the next day.