2005 Aged Tieguanyin
2005 Aged Tieguanyin
Crafted by Master Zhang
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2005
- Daping VillageAnxi, Fujian
- TieguanyinTea Varietal
Master Zhang is making some of the finest Tieguanyin in the world. Based in Daping village at the very highest peaks of Gande, Anxi. His terraced fields are overgrown with wildflowers, and fed by naturally sweet and clear mountain spring water. Master Zhang's slow and subtle roasting and aging process adds deep lingering spice to the Tieguanyin florals. This ten year old harvest is already rich and full of spice.
This tea is pre-packed into single serve 5g portions for all sizes under 100g.
- truevegetal60cucumbertruespice50sandalwoodtruesavory75tres leches, caramelized pecanfalsesavory75caramelized pecan
- vegetal - cucumber
- spice - sandalwood
- savory - tres leches, caramelized pecan
Master Zhang also recommends
- 2021 Spring Anxi Ruan ZhiThis tea originally premiered in the Sept. 2020 Tea of the Month Club box! Ruan Zhi or "Soft Stem" is sometimes better known as "Qing Xin" varietal, used in Taiwan to produce Dong Ding and Baozhong and in Thailand for Doi Mai Salong. The traditional processing truly emphasizes the connection between Anxi and Taiwan tea craft. Any Taiwanese tea afficionado will be impressed by the intense bready sweet notes and deep florals this Anxi Ruan Zhi offers.
- 2023 Mi Xiang TieguanyinMi Xiang is literally honey fragrance, and a few sips give credence to the name. In other finishing styles, honey usually takes a backseat to more powerful florals and fruit flavors in Tieguanyin, but Master Zhang here has brought out the subtle, thick and rich honeyed quality of Tieguanyin through his precise traditional roast. We have so much respect for Master Zhang’s values in roasting tea. So many workshops will roast to impart heavy handed roast flavor, and in doing so, burn their tea and compromise its original integrity. Master Zhang roasts slowly and with perfect precision so that the tea tastes only of itself and not of roasted flavor.
- 2020 Dark Roast Anxi QilanQilan is a luscious and floral varietal famous in Wuyi as a strip style oolong. This Anxi dark roast Qilan is just as intoxicating as its Wuyi cousin with aromatic wood and orchid similarities, but also a unique bright and juicy complexity and luscious honey sweetness that reflects Anxi's unique terroir and Master Zhang's choices in roast and processing.
- 2023 Spring Anxi Rou Gui
Rou Gui is better known as a roasted oolong from Wuyi, famous in Wuyi for its intense and aromatic cinnamon flavor. Master Zhang's Rou Gui varietal bushes grow among Tieguanyin fields and wildflowers, and benefit from sweet mountain spring water. Master Zhang's careful finish on this unique rolled Anxi Rou Gui brings out not just rich cinnamon spice, but also dessert-like complexity and aftertaste.
- 56-821230 seconds15-307621210 seconds35122128 hours
oz.use 212° watersteep 30 secondsresteep many times
add 15-30 sec. each infusion
Gongfu7 g.6 ozuse 212° watersteep 10 seconds
add 3 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy