2021 Bai Rui Xiang
2021 Bai Rui Xiang
Crafted by the Li Family
- truespice85aloeswood incense, minttruefruit70melontruefloral70lotus, tiger lilytruesavory40toasted oat, brown sugarfalsesavory40caramel, toasted barleytruecooling, juicy
- spice - aloeswood incense, mint
- fruit - melon
- floral - lotus, tiger lily
- savory - toasted oat, brown sugar
- texture - cooling, juicy
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2021
- Wuyishan Ecological PreserveWuyishan, Fujian
- ELEVATION600 METERS
- Bai Rui XiangTea Varietal
Vaporous, juicy and aromatic - the new 2021 harvest is here!
The Bai Rui is the Winter Daphne, a flower native to China with an intensely sweet fruity aroma. This rich incense-forward varietial shares those heady perfumed overtones with its namesake, along with the rare and sought-after yun xiang, the cooling tingling sensation that build up in the back of the throat. The Li Family finishes their Bai Rui Xiang as a ‘reserve’ quality tea, using a meticulous twelve hour hand-firing to bring out deep complexity. The minerality of the family’s volcanic rocky mountainside plot comes through as a textural foundation for the spices to build on, resulting in a balanced, beautifully structured Wuyi Oolong.
'Wuyi is legendary. Any great Chinese art collection will be full of inkbrush paintings of the misty mountain peaks that make up Wuyi. Visiting Wuyi evokes the feeling of finally meeting someone that you have read about for years. The rocks of Wuyi aren’t just famous for the inspiration they gave to great Song dynasty painters. The true legends involve magic, and of course, Wuyi tea.'
- 4620815 seconds10762085 seconds3412room temp8 hours
oz.use 208° watersteep 15 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu7 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 5 seconds
add 3 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy