2021 Autumn Laoshan Biluochun
2021 Autumn Laoshan Biluochun
Crafted by the He Family
- truevegetal50cress, tulsitruesavory70macadamia, mochitruefruit60fresh raspberrytruefloral50dandeliontruespice70galangal, minttruemineral-driven, sparkling
- vegetal - cress, tulsi
- savory - macadamia, mochi
- fruit - fresh raspberry
- floral - dandelion
- spice - galangal, mint
- texture - mineral-driven, sparkling
- DATE OF PICKINGOctober 2021
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONsea level
- longjing quntiTea Varietal
Mineral-drive, elegant and sparkling- the new 2021 autumn harvest is here!
If Mr. He had to pick one tea that best represented the terroir of Laoshan, Biluochun would be his first choice. Delicate hand-picked buds and leaves are withered in bamboo baskets, and carefully hand curled and rolled under low heat to form beautiful long twists that unfold gracefully in a glass teapot or tumbler. The fresh and delicate leaf material is the first new growth of the cool autumn season as the weather starts turning and the mornings and nights are misty again. The sweetness in the leaves is allowed to build up for an incredibly rich autumn harvest. The careful hand-finishing adds more depth and complexity, while bolstering the mineral-laden texture. It may be incredibly labor-intensive, but Mr. He continues to finish this using traditional techniques year after year to show how nuanced Laoshan tea can truly be.
The He Family also recommends:
- 2021 Autumn Laoshan Black
The new 2021 Autumn harvest is here!
This relatively new tea is fed by sweet mountain spring water and oxidized in the sun for three days before finishing to bring out signature chocolate notes. Mr. He perfected this tea as a proud reflection of the bold Shandong spirit and the perseverance of Laoshan Village. Laoshan Black is a labor of love to prove to the world how wonderful teas from Northern China can be. The cold weather, and pure mountain springs come together for a microclimate that yields some of the sweetest and most chocolatey black tea in China with a unique and distinctly northern flavor.
- 2022 Spring Laoshan Gongfu BlackLaoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this spring, the He Family set aside earlier than usual harvest to finish as this year's classic Gongfu Black for a creamy honey-and-biscuit-cookie flavor and intriguing mineral-driven sparkle in the aftertaste.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Gongfu Black
Laoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this year, the He Family has reserved a small harvest of a very special grade of Laoshan Gongfu Black. The hand-twisted 'pine needles' are made with the buddy early harvest shade-grown picking, while the tea plants are still protected from the early spring cold of Laoshan's unique northern climate.
- 56-817520 seconds10561756 seconds8412room temp8 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 6 seconds
add 8 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy