2020 Yunnan White Jasmine
2020 Yunnan White Jasmine
Sourced by Wang Yanxin
- truefloral100jasmine, vanillatruefruit90strawberry, nectarinetruefruit40soft minerality, licorice roottruevegetal25cucumber
- floral - jasmine, vanilla
- fruit - strawberry, nectarine
- fruit - soft minerality, licorice root
- vegetal - cucumber
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2020
- Lincang RegionYunnan Province
- ELEVATION2000 METERS
- Yunnan Da BaiTea Varietal
This spring harvest pre-Qing Ming tea is traditionally scented and made with Da Bai varietal white tea. Unlike most jasmine on the market, this white tea is not sprayed with artificial oils or aromas. Instead, it is dried together with fresh jasmine blossoms scattered among the buds, allowing the natural aroma of the jasmine to absorb over several days into the tea itself. The process of adding fresh wild Yunnan jasmine blossoms is repeated six times over six days to get a full rich and creamy infusion that holds its intense sweetness and natural potency over many steepings. The creamy dessert-like Yunnan silver needle white tea is the perfect delicate pairing with Lincang's local luscious jasmine, a true labor of love.
Wang Yanxin also recommends:
- 2023 Yu Lu Yan Cha
This unique buddy black tea offering from Wang Yanxin is only possible because of her deep connections in both Henan and Laoshan. Her farmer friends produce extremely tiny bud Xinyang Maojian, a fine downy showstopper of a green tea. The second picking of the year is still all delicate downy buds, but tradition dictates only the first harvest is used for Henan's iconic buddy green tea. Wang Yanxin works to rush-ship fresh tea leaves the day they are picked from Henan all the way up to Laoshan Village, where they are allowed to traditionally oxidize in the sun to make a black tea, and then finished using Laoshan's extremely honed-in roasting and finishing techniques to combine the buddy steamed bun texture of Jin Jun Mei with the chocolatey goodness of Laoshan Black. This cross-province collaboration continues to prove that the world of tea is still full of innovators, pushing the boundaries of tradition.
- 2023 Golden Fleece
This spring harvest Yunnan black tea gets its name to honor the soft, rich textural experience of tasting this beautiful small harvest tea. Golden Fleece is hand picked from wild growth (unmanaged) Yunnan Da Bai tea bushes over forty years old. The biodiversity of the growing region and deeper roots mean a more complex flavor and aroma. Only the most perfect large tender buds are hand-harvested, and carefully hand-finished. The down from the buds infuses into every cup, yielding a uniquely thick mouthfeel. This year's harvest is full and complex with cooling cedar, and spiced nutmeg and cinnamon undertones to bolster the luxurious creamy base.
- Silver Buds YabaoYabao is picked from compact winter buds, and sun dried for a unique and genre-challenging flavor between white tea and pu'er. It takes established trees and very early picking to capture these multi-layered buds that are full of sweetness & intriguing spice. While yabao matures with age, it does not develop earthy flavors like traditional pu'er.
- 56-820525 seconds10662056 seconds3412room temp8 hours
oz.use 205° watersteep 25 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu6 g.6 ozuse 205° watersteep 6 seconds
add 3 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy