2022 Autumn Laoshan Biluochun
2022 Autumn Laoshan Biluochun
Crafted by the He Family
- DATE OF PICKINGOctober 2022
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONsea level
- longjing quntiTea Varietal
If Mr. He had to pick one tea that best represented the terroir of Laoshan, Biluochun would be his first choice. Delicate hand-picked buds and leaves are withered in bamboo baskets, and carefully hand curled and rolled under low heat to form beautiful long twists that unfold gracefully in a glass teapot or tumbler. The fresh and delicate leaf material is the first new growth of the cool autumn season as the weather starts turning and the mornings and nights are misty again. The sweetness in the leaves is allowed to build up for an incredibly rich autumn harvest. The careful hand-finishing adds more depth and complexity, while bolstering the mineral-laden texture. It may be incredibly labor-intensive, but Mr. He continues to finish this using traditional techniques year after year to show how nuanced Laoshan tea can truly be.
- truesavory55toasted macadamia, soy milktruevegetal65edamame, tulsitruespice60star anisetruefloral65rose petaltruefruit60tangerinetruecreamy, lingering
- savory - toasted macadamia, soy milk
- vegetal - edamame, tulsi
- spice - star anise
- floral - rose petal
- fruit - tangerine
- texture - creamy, lingering
The He Family also recommends:
- 2022 Autumn Laoshan Green OolongThis tea is the He Family's answer to the challenge that oolong is only for southern China. Despite Laoshan Village only having fifty years of tea cultivation and oolong being the most technically demanding kind of tea in the world to produce, Mr. He comes through brilliantly. The careful kneading and rolling brings out a beautiful, pure expression of the minerality of the soil and the water. This tea is processed without a roast for a true green flavor of Laoshan.
- 2022 Autumn Laoshan Black
The He Family’s Most Popular Tea. This cool autumn season harvest black tea is packed with flavor and aromatics, fully oxidized and roasted to achieve the iconic malty, chocolatey, honeyed Laoshan Black flavor.
- 2022 Laoshan Goji Leaf Tea
A member of the Solanaceae family, the caffeine-free Goji berry plant (Lycium barbarum) grows wild across Northern China - including on the slopes of Laoshan in Shandong. Though the plant is most famous for its berries, its dried leaves have been a part of traditional medicine in China for centuries. Early this spring, the He Family foraged young and tender spring goji leaves and carefully finished them with green tea processing and an open leaf style. We are so excited for the opportunity to share this another experimental tea from the He Family!
- 56-817520 seconds10561756 seconds8412room temp8 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 6 seconds
add 8 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy