2022 Reserve Pine Needle Green
2022 Reserve Pine Needle Green
Crafted By the He Family
- truefloral50clover honeytruevegetal65cucumbertruespice60ginger, coriandertruesavory60creme pattisserietruefruit55melontrueminerality
- floral - clover honey
- vegetal - cucumber
- spice - ginger, coriander
- savory - creme pattisserie
- fruit - melon
- texture - minerality
- DATE OF PICKINGApril 18, 2022
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONSEA LEVEL
- Longjing QuntiTea Varietal
Mr. He’s daughter Qingqing, co-owner of Verdant Tea, pioneered this finishing style with her father. She loves the long delicate twisting technique for the way the leaves dance in a glass pitcher as they unfold yielding a delicate nuanced brew that lasts over multiple steepings. The hand pulled and twisted finish on this early shade-grown reserve harvest shows off the delicate deep-green buds that the family picks with so much care, cultivating with sustainable chemical free farming, and fed by sweet mountain spring water.
The He Family also recommends:
- 2022 Spring Laoshan Gongfu BlackLaoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this spring, the He Family set aside earlier than usual harvest to finish as this year's classic Gongfu Black for a creamy honey-and-biscuit-cookie flavor and intriguing mineral-driven sparkle in the aftertaste.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Gongfu Black
Laoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this year, the He Family has reserved a small harvest of a very special grade of Laoshan Gongfu Black. The hand-twisted 'pine needles' are made with the buddy early harvest shade-grown picking, while the tea plants are still protected from the early spring cold of Laoshan's unique northern climate.
- 2022 Spring Laoshan BiluochunClassic Laoshan Bilochun is picked after the He Family removes the protective greenhouse coverings from their tea at the end of the cold season. The hand-twisting and slow finishing process of bilochun is Mr. He’s personal favorite, making this his own daily go-to tea. Hand-processing brings out even thicker texture and sweeter creamier flavors than classic Laoshan Green.
'Thankfully 2019-2020 was a mild winter compared to the last two years, meaning that the plants in China’s northernmost tea growing region did not suffer frost damage. The He Family's plants have been able to recover, and this new recovery growth has been rich and tender, a boon for the He Family after so many difficult years.'
- 56-817520 seconds10561755 seconds4512768 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 5 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy