2022 Xing Hua Xiang Dancong
2022 Xing Hua Xiang Dancong
Crafted by Huang Rui Guang
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2022
- Wudong ShanGuangdong Province
- ELEVATION1000 METERS
- Xing Hua XiangTea Varietal
Xing Hua Xiang, or Apricot Flower Aroma is an extremely rare varietal hand picked and hand processed by Huang Ruiguang and his sons on their high elevation plot in Wudongshan. Huang Ruiguang has selected this as a standout representation of his reserve collection, the limited old growth teas he cultivates on his favorite tiny Wudongshan plot that is perfectly situated for the right amount of sunlight hours per day. The result is a deeply aromatic, but mineral-rich tea with a well-balanced profile and a luscious sweet aftertaste that lingers for hours. Huang Ruiguang and his sons treat this tea to meticulous yaoqing finishing without the use of any machinery using traditional techniques and a bamboo basket. Master Huang's work in Dancong tasting and agriculture has won him countless awards and recognition, a biography in a 2015 published book on the history of Dancong, and leadership in every convention and tasting event in Guangdong.
- truefloral70rose, apricot blossomtruefruit75candied orange zesttruespice75ginger, cedartruesavory80sweet cream, flantruecooling, honeyed, thick
- floral - rose, apricot blossom
- fruit - candied orange zest
- spice - ginger, cedar
- savory - sweet cream, flan
- texture - cooling, honeyed, thick
Huang Ruiguang also recommends
- 2022 Da Wu Ye DancongDa Wu Ye is a truly unique varietal in its intense savory and spicy notes. While most Dancong is all about perfumed floral aromatics, this tea is about texture and flavor. Da Wu Ye varietal takes its name from the unusually large deep green leaves. This harvest comes from mid-elevation Wudongshan stock, picked once a year and processed over 24 hours to bring out the deep savory undertones.
- 2022 Ba Xian Dancong八仙 or Ba Xian references the eight Taoist immortals, a truly evocative name for a truly unique tea. Huang Ruiguang says that originally, there were eight trees growing next to each other, each with a different flavor and appearance, like the Taoist Immortals. Today, five of the eight original trees still remain. Huang Ruiguang’s tree has one of the most perfectly situated east-facing high elevation slopes on Wudongshan, earned for a lifetime of contribution to Fenghuang as an agricultural pioneer and master taster. His Ba Xian Dancong is lush and juicy, full of tropical flower and fruit flavors, coaxed out over 24 hours of intense hand processing.
- 2022 Ji Long Kan DancongHuang Ruiguang’s Ji Long Kan Dancong is an incredibly unique high elevation tea. The Ji Long Kan tea tree gets its name from its similarity to a "chicken pen" in appearance. Huang Rui Guang and his sons hand picked and hand processed over 24 hours of continuous intensive labor to bring out all the nuanced fruit and florals. The biodiversity of the region and unique microclimate lends a cooling ‘yun’ sensation to this tea for a persistent and commanding taste experience. Master Huang's work in Dancong tasting and agriculture has won him countless awards and recognition, a biography in a 2015 published book on the history of Dancong, and leadership in every convention and tasting event in Guangdong. This tea represents his personal selection to represent the absolute best of what his family produces, and only a few kilograms are available each year. We are excited for the chance to share this incredibly rare tea.
- 5-106-820820 seconds101062086 seconds4512room temp8 hours
oz.use 208° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu10 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 6 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy