2022 Xue Wu Ye Dancong
2022 Xue Wu Ye Dancong
Cafted by Huang Rui Guang
- DATE OF PICKINGWinter 2022
- Wudong ShanGuangdong Province
- ELEVATION600 METERS
- Da Wu YeTea Varietal
While most Dancong oolong is picked in early spring and released in late summer, Xue Wu Ye is uniquely harvested in early winter and released after Lunar New Year. The winter climate of Huang Ruiguang's choice plot in Wudongshan yields deep complexity in Xue Wu Ye, a depth brought out by the Huang Family's insistence on full hand-finishing, from picking, to the 16 hour meticulous turning and fluffing to bring out araomtics. After roasting, the tea is allowed to rest for several months to reach peak intensity. This seasonal gem is not available every year and depends on perfect weather, so we're always excited to share a new harvest.
- truefloral80juniper, cinnamontruevegetal75basil, pinetruefruit70papayatruespice65ginger, coriandertruesavory65semolinatruejuicy, lingering, honeyed
- floral - juniper, cinnamon
- vegetal - basil, pine
- fruit - papaya
- spice - ginger, coriander
- savory - semolina
- texture - juicy, lingering, honeyed
Huang Ruiguang also recommends:
- 2022 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. His mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned Huang Ruiguang's Milan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. Mi Lan varietal is set apart with its distinctive golden green leaf color in early spring & its luscious deep aromatics.
- 2022 Da Wu Ye DancongDa Wu Ye is a truly unique varietal in its intense savory and spicy notes. While most Dancong is all about perfumed floral aromatics, this tea is about texture and flavor. Da Wu Ye varietal takes its name from the unusually large deep green leaves. This harvest comes from mid-elevation Wudongshan stock, picked once a year and processed over 24 hours to bring out the deep savory undertones.
- 2022 Mi Lan Black Tea
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. His mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned Huang Ruiguang's Mi Lan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. This Mi Lan is allowed to naturally oxidize for over 24 hours before being carefully spread, baked and tumbled. The oxidation creates a deep rich black tea flavor, but Mi Lan varietal’s natural juicy floral honey flavor still comes through strong.
- 5-106-820820 seconds101062086 seconds4512room temp8 hours
oz.use 208° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu10 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 6 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy