2023 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
2023 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
Crafted by the Huang Family
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2023
- Wudong ShanGuangdong Province
- ELEVATION600 METERS
- Mi Lan XiangTea Varietal
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. Teh family's mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned the huang family's Milan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. Mi Lan varietal is set apart with its distinctive golden green leaf color in early spring & its luscious deep aromatics.
- floral - orchid honey
- spice - fresh ginger
- fruit - pineapple, guava
- savory - coconut
- texture - juicy, lingering
the Huang Family also recommends
- 2023 Xing Hua Xiang DancongXing Hua Xiang, or Apricot Flower Aroma is an extremely rare varietal hand picked and hand processed by Huang Ruiguang and his sons on their high elevation plot in Wudongshan. Huang Ruiguang has selected this as a standout representation of his reserve collection, the limited old growth teas he cultivates on his favorite tiny Wudongshan plot that is perfectly situated for the right amount of sunlight hours per day. The result is a deeply aromatic, but mineral-rich tea with a well-balanced profile and a luscious sweet aftertaste that lingers for hours. Huang Ruiguang and his sons treat this tea to meticulous yaoqing finishing without the use of any machinery using traditional techniques and a bamboo basket. Master Huang's work in Dancong tasting and agriculture has won him countless awards and recognition, a biography in a 2015 published book on the history of Dancong, and leadership in every convention and tasting event in Guangdong.
- 2023 Ya Shi DancongYa Shi is infamous for its name- which translates to "Duck Droppings." The story is that this varietal was so delicious and so scarce that the locals wanted to think of a name that would stop anyone from trying the tea to keep the secret for themselves. Naming aside, Huang Ruiguang's family Ya Shi Dancong is picked once a year from well-situated mature stock in the famous Wudong Shan region, and brews with a startlingly consistent ginseng-dominant focus and intense sweetness.
- 2023 Xing Ren Xiang Dancong
Xing Ren Xiang, or Almond Aroma is a uniquely savory nut-forward varietal that the Huang Family picks once a year from single bushes cultivated in Wudongshan. These bushes are not pruned back and picked sparingly to encourage deeper roots and more robust flavor year after year. The Huang Family’s meticulous hand processing yields a distinct roasted almond flavor, with notes of cooling pine.
oz.use 208° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu10 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 6 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy