2022 Ya Shi Dancong
2022 Ya Shi Dancong
with Deep Spiced Flavor
Crafted by Huang Rui Guang
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2022
- Wudong ShanGuangdong Province
- ELEVATION600 METERS
- Ya ShiTea Varietal
Ya Shi is infamous for its name - which translates to "Duck Droppings." The story is that this varietal was so delicious and so scarce that the locals wanted to think of a name that would stop anyone from trying the tea to keep the secret for themselves. Naming aside, Huang Ruiguang's family Ya Shi Dancong is picked once a year from well-situated mature stock in the famous Wudong Shan region, and brews with a startlingly consistent ginseng-dominant focus and intense sweetness.
- truefruit80freeze dried strawberrytruevegetal30rosemarytruespice70ginseng, white peppertruesavory40whipped creamtruefloral55lilac, daylilytruecreamy, juicy, lingering
- fruit - freeze dried strawberry
- vegetal - rosemary
- spice - ginseng, white pepper
- savory - whipped cream
- floral - lilac, daylily
- texture - creamy, juicy, lingering
Huang Ruiguang also recommends:
- 2022 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. His mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned Huang Ruiguang's Milan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. Mi Lan varietal is set apart with its distinctive golden green leaf color in early spring & its luscious deep aromatics.
- 2022 Da Wu Ye DancongDa Wu Ye is a truly unique varietal in its intense savory and spicy notes. While most Dancong is all about perfumed floral aromatics, this tea is about texture and flavor. Da Wu Ye varietal takes its name from the unusually large deep green leaves. This harvest comes from mid-elevation Wudongshan stock, picked once a year and processed over 24 hours to bring out the deep savory undertones.
- 2022 Mi Lan Black Tea
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. His mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned Huang Ruiguang's Mi Lan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. This Mi Lan is allowed to naturally oxidize for over 24 hours before being carefully spread, baked and tumbled. The oxidation creates a deep rich black tea flavor, but Mi Lan varietal’s natural juicy floral honey flavor still comes through strong.
- 5-106-820820 seconds101062086 seconds4512room temp8 hours
oz.use 208° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu10 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 6 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy