2021 Zun Sheng Pu'er
2021 Zun Sheng Pu'er
Crafted by the Dongsa Cooperative
- truefloral80peonytruespice80coriander, galangal, sandalwoodtruefruit100muscat grape, aloe, apricottruevegetal50arugula, sugar snap peas, tulsitruesavory50oat, ryetruecrisp, minerality, tingling
- floral - peony
- spice - coriander, galangal, sandalwood
- fruit - muscat grape, aloe, apricot
- vegetal - arugula, sugar snap peas, tulsi
- savory - oat, rye
- texture - crisp, minerality, tingling
- DATE OF PICKINGApril 2021
- QianjiazhaiMt. Ailao, Yunnan
- ELEVATION1800 m
- Qianjiazhai AssamicaTea Varietal
Crisp, fruity, floral, nuanced - the new 2021 harvest is here!
This year's Zun harvest is offered both loose leaf (5g, 25g) and in two pressings:
100g cakes and 250g Xiao Jin Gua.
Zun, a designation chosen by the cooperative, means ‘reverence’ of the ancient Qianjiazhai tea trees themselves, an awareness of the human collaboration with a living tree that has existed for generations before us and hopefully will continue to exist for generations after us. The Zun series cakes use the first early spring growth from only the old-growth (500-1000 year) wild trees above the Li Family’s home high in the mountains, and accessible only on foot. The wild nature of this tea’s provenance come through as a flavor texture and aroma experience that is both reverent of its source, and worthy of reverence for its commanding beauty, full of honey and dried apricot with a hint of wild mountain tulsi, and intense textural depth.
'A single eight hundred year old tree can yield up to three kilograms of finished dry leaf. The Dongsa Cooperative picks each of these trees and keeps their leaf material separate. The finished sheng pu’er maocha can either be sold as a single tree lot, blended with other 800 year trees for a single age statement pressing, or blended with 300-500 year leaves for Zun pressings.'
- 46-820530 seconds15-304620510 seconds10-30412room temp8 hours
oz.use 205° watersteep 30 secondsresteep many times
add 15-30 sec. each infusion
Gongfu4 g.6 ozuse 205° watersteep 10 seconds
add 10-30 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy