2022 Spring Laoshan Green
2022 Spring Laoshan Green
Crafted by the He Family
- truevegetal80edamame, fresh minttruesavory80cream, buckwheattruespice50galangal, coriandertruefruit30mandarin orangetruejuicy, rich
- vegetal - edamame, fresh mint
- savory - cream, buckwheat
- spice - galangal, coriander
- fruit - mandarin orange
- texture - juicy, rich
- DATE OF PICKINGMay 2022
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONSEA LEVEL
- Longjing QuntiTea Varietal
Laoshan Green was the first tea produced at Taiqing temple by the Taoist monks of Laoshan. The plants were originally brought to the region from Dragonwell, and slowly allowed to adapt to the unique cold ocean climate of the area. The He Family’s Laoshan Green is fed by mountain spring water, picked by hand, and cultivated sustainably using traditional chemical-free farming techniques. The result is rich, fresh flavor full of Laoshan's famous sweet vegetal-savory soy bean flavor aroma.
The He Family also recommends:
- 2022 Spring Laoshan Gongfu BlackLaoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this spring, the He Family set aside earlier than usual harvest to finish as this year's classic Gongfu Black for a creamy honey-and-biscuit-cookie flavor and intriguing mineral-driven sparkle in the aftertaste.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Gongfu Black
Laoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this year, the He Family has reserved a small harvest of a very special grade of Laoshan Gongfu Black. The hand-twisted 'pine needles' are made with the buddy early harvest shade-grown picking, while the tea plants are still protected from the early spring cold of Laoshan's unique northern climate.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Green Oolong
Laoshan Green Oolong takes the beautiful mineral-forward green bean profile of Laoshan Green and gives it an astounding depth and complexity through meticulous labor intensive craftsmanship. Mr. He starts with sweet and fresh shade-grown leaves, then kneads and shakes the leaves to bring out rich florals and fruity undertones. Heat locks in the green quality of this tea before it can oxidize, yielding a fresh pure and honest expression of the unique flavor of the region. This special reserve tea was made from the He Family's early spring shade-grown harvests, picked while the winter greenhouses are still in place to protect against the cold northern climate.
'Last year brought about a new threat to tea in Laoshan. After another historically cold winter, the short spring picking window in 2018 was cut off in May by sudden, unexpected extreme heat and intense rains followed right after by alternating unseasonably cold weather. This unprecedented short window to harvest and finish tea after a bitter winter has meant the smallest yield in a generation for the He Family, and for the entire small village of Laoshan'
- 56-817530 seconds15561758-10 seconds4512768 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 30 secondsresteep many times
add 15 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 8-10 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy