2022 Shi Feng Dragonwell
2022 Shi Feng Dragonwell
Crafted by Mrs. Li
- DATE OF PICKINGMarch 18, 2022
- Longjing VillageZhejiang Province
- ELEVATION300 meters
- longjing quntiTea Varietal
The new 2022 spring harvest is here!
Li Xiaoping grows this true Dragonwell cultivar on a perfectly-shaded mountainside in the tiny and sought-after Shi Feng microclimate- a uniquely situated spot with sweet mountain springs, quartz-heavy rocky soil, and mist. Li Xiaoping is a celebrated community leader for her advocacy in sustainable farming and working to protect the Shi Feng region, and her tea is recognized across the world as one of the few true Dragonwell expressions out there, capturing deep minerality, persistent sweetness, and complex aromatics.
- truevegetal90bamboo, spinachtruespice70licorice, ginger, coriandertruesavory80macadamia, sesametruefruit60candied orangetruefloral45vanillatrueminerality, thick, potent
- vegetal - bamboo, spinach
- spice - licorice, ginger, coriander
- savory - macadamia, sesame
- fruit - candied orange
- floral - vanilla
- texture - minerality, thick, potent
Li Xiaoping also recommends:
- 2023 Shi Feng Dragonwell
This famous tea is grown using beyond organic green tea cultivation techniques for rich sweet flavor, incredible texture and notes of bamboo and jasmine. Situated on a perfectly-shaded mountainside, Li Xiaoping’s Dragonwell benefits from Shi Feng’s unique climate, rocky quartz soil and sweet mountain springs. Her craft captures a rare example of true Dragonwell- deep minerality, persistent sweetness and complex aromatics.
- 2023 Shi Feng Longjing #43Dragonwell varietal #43 has been carefully bred and selected in the last fifty years as a new tea well suited to Shi Feng’s terroir. It buds earlier and in colder weather than classic Longjing Qunti varietal and yields yellower plumper buds that make for gorgeous steeping in glassware. While classic Dragonwell is all about rocky mineral texture, the new #43 is a crisp, bright focused experience centered around stronger flavor and aroma and more pronounced sweetness. Mrs. Li’s #43 varietal is true Shi Feng Dragonwell, growing on one of the highest slopes of the tiny microclimate that Emperor Qianlong declared as one of the best in the world for tea. The soil is full of quartz and white sand while the water comes from natural mountain springs, yielding a flavor that simply can’t be matched outside of Shi Feng itself.
- 2023 Osmanthus Scented Dragonwell
For the second year, Li Xiaoping has set aside her beautifully-crisp textural masterpiece that is Shi Feng Dragonwell and scents it with fresh osmanthus blossoms. Her incredible plot sits on a quartz-laden rocky hillside in the tiny Shi Feng microclimate, where sweet mountain spring water, designated national treasure protection from development, and misty mornings yield sweet clean nuanced green tea that sets the standard for all green tea in China. With such famous and in demand tea, it is remarkable that Li Xiaoping is still incentivized to do such bold experiments like this osmanthus scenting, but we're so happy she did! The results are spectacular, and perfectly balanced. The osmanthus notes are light, accentuating the natural sweet juicy qualities of the Dragonwell.
- 46-817530 seconds15461758 seconds5412room temp8 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 30 secondsresteep many times
add 15 sec. each infusion
Gongfu4 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 8 seconds
add 5 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy