2023 Yunnan White Jasmine
2023 Yunnan White Jasmine
Sourced By Wang Yanxin
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2022
- Lincang RegionYunnan Province
- ELEVATION2000 METERS
- Yunnan Da BaiTea Varietal
This spring harvest pre-Qing Ming white tea is traditionally scented and made with Da Bai varietal white tea. This white tea is not sprayed with artificial oils or aromas. Instead, it is dried together with fresh jasmine blossoms scattered among the buds, allowing the natural aroma of the jasmine to absorb over several days into the tea itself. The process of adding fresh wild Yunnan jasmine blossoms is repeated six times over six days to get a full rich and creamy infusion that holds its intense sweetness and natural potency over many steepings. The creamy dessert-like Yunnan silver needle white tea is the perfect delicate pairing with Lincang's local luscious jasmine.
- fruit - strawberry, mango
- floral - jasmine, osmanthus honey
- spice - eucalyptus, cedar
- savory - whipped cream
- texture - mouthwatering, juicy, aromatic
Wang Yanxin also recommends:
- Blooming Flower White Tea Pearls
The years-long search is over! With help from Wang Yanxin, we've finally found a blooming tea flower that tastes as beautiful as it looks. These pearls are made from traditionally-scented Fuding Silver Needle White tea buds, spread in bamboo baskets with fresh-picked spring jasmine to slowly absorb the rich aromatics. After scenting, the buds are carefully gathered with colorful aromatic flower blossoms and tied together in a way that allows them to unfold dramatically in a teapot like peonies blooming in early summer.
- 2023 Golden Fleece
This spring harvest Yunnan black tea gets its name to honor the soft, rich textural experience of tasting this beautiful small harvest tea. Golden Fleece is hand picked from wild growth (unmanaged) Yunnan Da Bai tea bushes over forty years old. The biodiversity of the growing region and deeper roots mean a more complex flavor and aroma. Only the most perfect large tender buds are hand-harvested, and carefully hand-finished. The down from the buds infuses into every cup, yielding a uniquely thick mouthfeel. This year's harvest is full and complex with cooling cedar, and spiced nutmeg and cinnamon undertones to bolster the luxurious creamy base.
- 2023 Yunnan Golden JasmineThis exquisite offering from Wang Yanxin combines the very best of two of our favorite teas - Yunnan White Jasmine and Golden Fleece. Huge buds are picked from Yunnan Da Bai, a varietal normally used for white tea. These buds are allowed to fully oxidize into black tea, but during oxidation and drying, wild jasmine blossom are scattered among the buds, allowing the natural aroma of the jasmine to absorb over several days into the tea itself. The jasmine flowers have to be changed and renewed six times over six days to get a full aromatic infusion that lasts over many steepings. The old craft of true jasmine scenting is a slow laborious process, but the results are worth it. This tea is as rich and sweet as Golden Fleece and as luscious as Jasmine.
oz.use 205° watersteep 25 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu6 g.6 ozuse 205° watersteep 6 seconds
add 3 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy