2021 Autumn Laoshan Green
2021 Autumn Laoshan Green
Crafted by the He Family
- truevegetal95heavy cream, soytruefruit25pineappletruevegetal65artichoke, avocadotruefloral30marigoldtruespice50caraway, cedartruethick, creamy, powerful
- vegetal - heavy cream, soy
- fruit - pineapple
- vegetal - artichoke, avocado
- floral - marigold
- spice - caraway, cedar
- texture - thick, creamy, powerful
- DATE OF PICKINGAutumn 2021
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONSEA LEVEL
- Longjing QuntiTea Varietal
Creamy, thick, sweet and flavor-packed - the new 2021 harvest is here!
This harvest is picked in the cool autumn air after resting the plant through summer. The result is crisp, fresh flavor with more savory green bean and cream that Laoshan for which Laoshan is famous. The He family's signature green tea is fed by mountain spring water, picked by hand, and cultivated sustainably using traditional chemical-free farming techniques including growing rows of soybean between rows of tea to restore nitrates to the soil. The extreme northern climate means cold winters and short growing seasons, but the He Family perseveres, protecting their tea in greenhouses over the winter. The result is a deeply sweet and delicate green tea unlike any other in the world.
The He Family also recommends:
- 2021 Autumn Laoshan Black
The new 2021 Autumn harvest is here!
This relatively new tea is fed by sweet mountain spring water and oxidized in the sun for three days before finishing to bring out signature chocolate notes. Mr. He perfected this tea as a proud reflection of the bold Shandong spirit and the perseverance of Laoshan Village. Laoshan Black is a labor of love to prove to the world how wonderful teas from Northern China can be. The cold weather, and pure mountain springs come together for a microclimate that yields some of the sweetest and most chocolatey black tea in China with a unique and distinctly northern flavor.
- 2022 Spring Laoshan Gongfu BlackLaoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this spring, the He Family set aside earlier than usual harvest to finish as this year's classic Gongfu Black for a creamy honey-and-biscuit-cookie flavor and intriguing mineral-driven sparkle in the aftertaste.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Gongfu Black
Laoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this year, the He Family has reserved a small harvest of a very special grade of Laoshan Gongfu Black. The hand-twisted 'pine needles' are made with the buddy early harvest shade-grown picking, while the tea plants are still protected from the early spring cold of Laoshan's unique northern climate.
'Mr. He is the head of his family and his tea farm. Mr. He remembers a time when his parents still grew potatoes and corn, before tea farming became widespread in Laoshan. In recent years, he’s overseen the development of Laoshan Black, flat-pressed “Dragonwell Style” Laoshan Green, and even two kinds of Laoshan Oolong.'
- 46-817520 seconds104617510 seconds4412768 hours
oz.use 175° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu4 g.6 ozuse 175° watersteep 10 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy