2022 Autumn Laoshan Black
2022 Autumn Laoshan Black
Crafted by the He Family
- DATE OF PICKINGOctober 2022
- Laoshan VillageShandong Province
- ELEVATIONsea level
- longjing quntiTea Varietal
This relatively new tea is fed by sweet mountain spring water and oxidized in the sun for three days before finishing to bring out signature chocolate notes. Mr. He perfected this tea as a proud reflection of the bold Shandong spirit and the perseverance of Laoshan Village. Laoshan Black is a labor of love to prove to the world how wonderful teas from Northern China can be. The cold weather, and pure mountain springs come together for a microclimate that yields some of the sweetest and most chocolatey black tea in China with a unique and distinctly northern flavor.
- truesavory80chocolate brownie, s'morestruespice60cinnamontruefruit55candied cherrytruefloral65vanillatruejuicy, sweet, rich
- savory - chocolate brownie, s'mores
- spice - cinnamon
- fruit - candied cherry
- floral - vanilla
- texture - juicy, sweet, rich
The He Family also recommends:
- 2022 Autumn Laoshan Green OolongThis tea is the He Family's answer to the challenge that oolong is only for southern China. Despite Laoshan Village only having fifty years of tea cultivation and oolong being the most technically demanding kind of tea in the world to produce, Mr. He comes through brilliantly. The careful kneading and rolling brings out a beautiful, pure expression of the minerality of the soil and the water. This tea is processed without a roast for a true green flavor of Laoshan.
- 2021 Laoshan Osmanthus Black Tea
This year is the fourth fantastic harvest of the He Family's new osmanthus-scented black tea. Once again, the He Family is sharing a rich reserve-level Autumn Harvest Laoshan Black, scented during finishing with tiny hand-picked Laoshan Osmanthus flowers. The brown sugar, honey and fruity chocolate notes are melded together perfectly with the luscious almost creamy floral of the He Family’s meticulously hand-harvested Osmanthus blossoms. This tea is one of the hardest to make in the He Family collection since the local osmanthus blossoms are so small that they have to pick thousands just to make tiny batch of finished tea, but the results are worth the effort.
- Autumn Laoshan Pine Needle Green
Long, slender hand-twisted green tea loose leaf picked in the early autumn from organic cultivation rocky fields, finished to show off the beauty of the young buds. The flavor is delicate, mineral-driven and sweet through every steeping thanks to the careful hand-finishing, cold northern climate, and innovative growing techniques.
- 46-820540 seconds15-305520510 seconds3412room temp8 hours
oz.use 205° watersteep 40 secondsresteep many times
add 15-30 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.5 ozuse 205° watersteep 10 seconds
add 3 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy