2021 Laoshan Osmanthus Black Tea
2021 Laoshan Osmanthus Black Tea
Crafted By the He Family
- truefloral85osmanthus, rose, vanillatruesavory85melted chocolate, creamtruefruit60mango, passionfruittruespice60cardamomtruesilky, smooth, creamy, mineral-laden
- floral - osmanthus, rose, vanilla
- savory - melted chocolate, cream
- fruit - mango, passionfruit
- spice - cardamom
- texture - silky, smooth, creamy, mineral-laden
- DATE OF PICKINGOctober 2021
- Laoshan Village
- ELEVATIONsea level
- longjing quntiTea Varietal
Balnaced, buddy and perfumed - the fresh 2021 autumn harvest is here!
This year is the fourth fantastic harvest of the He Family's new osmanthus-scented black tea. Once again, the He Family is sharing a rich reserve-level Autumn Harvest Laoshan Black, scented during finishing with tiny hand-picked Laoshan Osmanthus flowers. The brown sugar, honey and fruity chocolate notes are melded together perfectly with the luscious almost creamy floral of the He Family’s meticulously hand-harvested Osmanthus blossoms. This tea is one of the hardest to make in the He Family collection since the local osmanthus blossoms are so small that they have to pick thousands just to make tiny batch of finished tea, but the results are worth the effort.
The He Family also recommends:
- 2021 Autumn Laoshan Black
The new 2021 Autumn harvest is here!
This relatively new tea is fed by sweet mountain spring water and oxidized in the sun for three days before finishing to bring out signature chocolate notes. Mr. He perfected this tea as a proud reflection of the bold Shandong spirit and the perseverance of Laoshan Village. Laoshan Black is a labor of love to prove to the world how wonderful teas from Northern China can be. The cold weather, and pure mountain springs come together for a microclimate that yields some of the sweetest and most chocolatey black tea in China with a unique and distinctly northern flavor.
- 2022 Spring Laoshan Gongfu BlackLaoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this spring, the He Family set aside earlier than usual harvest to finish as this year's classic Gongfu Black for a creamy honey-and-biscuit-cookie flavor and intriguing mineral-driven sparkle in the aftertaste.
- 2022 Reserve Laoshan Gongfu Black
Laoshan Gongfu Black is one of the most difficult finishes for the He Family, requiring flat-pressing and hand-twisting and curling to achieve the final shape and finish. Mr. He saves this technique for his finest spring harvests, and this year, the He Family has reserved a small harvest of a very special grade of Laoshan Gongfu Black. The hand-twisted 'pine needles' are made with the buddy early harvest shade-grown picking, while the tea plants are still protected from the early spring cold of Laoshan's unique northern climate.
'Our farmer-partner Mr. He in Laoshan tells the story of the night his father was visited by the exiled Taoists and given seedlings. The priests stole back their tea and gave it to leaders in the community to plant and grow. Mr. He proudly describes how his father planted the tea, watching it flourish.'
- 46-820530 seconds15-30552055 seconds5-10732room temp8 hours
oz.use 205° watersteep 30 secondsresteep many times
add 15-30 sec. each infusion
Gongfu5 g.5 ozuse 205° watersteep 5 seconds
add 5-10 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy