2017 Jingmai Shu Pu'er
2017 Jingmai Shu Pu'er
Crafted by Xingyang Workshop
- truesavory50brown sugar, molassestruefloral30vanillatruespice60sarsaparilla, root beerfalsespicetrueminerality, sweetness, cooling sparkle
- savory - brown sugar, molasses
- floral - vanilla
- spice - sarsaparilla, root beer
- texture - minerality, sweetness, cooling sparkle
- DATE OF PICKING2017
- JingmaiYunnan Province
- ELEVATION~800 m
- Da Ye ZhongTea Varietal
This full 100g shu pu'er brick from Xingyang Workshop is a great introduction to their work. The unique sweet sarsaparilla flavor of this beautiful Jing Mai Shan pu’er is a real delight. You can break off one piece for a larger gaiwan or pot, or a half piece for a small personal gaiwan or teapot. Don’t miss the mineral-laden sparkle in the texture and the deep juniper forest notes that complement the “root beer” like sarsaparilla and molasses.
Xingyang Workshop also recommends:
- Xingyang Pu'er + More Discovery Kit
This bundle includes three tea-stuffed mandarins and six 25g bags of pu'er for 175g total (about 35 sessions). This kit is a chance to taste Xingyang's award-winning clean fermentation style and meticulous blending craft, including aged sheng pu'er, mini tuocha, loose leaf gong ting shu, Yue Guang Bai white tea and tea stuffed mandarins.Regular Price $65.00 $52.00
- 2006 KT988 Shu TuochaThis convenient tuocha is pressed in 3g quantities to reflect Xingyang’s preferred brew method of less leaf, cooler water and long steep times to bring out the rich texture in their tea. This tuocha uses Xingyang’s special Gong Ting leaf material and yields a rich osmanthus sticky rice flavor.
- 2008 KT952 Loose Leaf ShuThis tea is made from tiny spring buds from old growth tea trees and fermented for a clean and smooth flavor. Xingyang is proud that ten years of age on this tea will taste more like a twenty year pu’er because of the quality leaf material and slow meticulous fermentation process. The result is deep, herbaceous and cooling with a lingering aftertaste.
'We were surprised by the amount of medicinal spice in this tea. We got a ton of anise, licorice and camphor flavor. As the tea steeped out, the cooling quality continued to grow, accented by herbaceous rosemary and sweet lemon peel flavor. No matter how long we steeped this tea, we always got beautiful results.'
- 36-820560 seconds303620530-45 seconds30412room temp8 hours
oz.use 205° watersteep 60 secondsresteep many times
add 30 sec. each infusion
Gongfu3 g.6 ozuse 205° watersteep 30-45 seconds
add 30 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy