2021 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
2021 Mi Lan Xiang Dancong
Crafted by Huang Rui Guang
- truefloral100orchid, jasminetruesavory30steamed buntruespice100pine resin, ginsengtruefruit70melon, pineappletruecooling, tingling
- floral - orchid, jasmine
- savory - steamed bun
- spice - pine resin, ginseng
- fruit - melon, pineapple
- texture - cooling, tingling
- DATE OF PICKINGSpring 2021
- Wudong ShanGuangdong Province
- ELEVATION600 METERS
- Mi Lan XiangTea Varietal
The new 2021 harvest is now available!
Huang Ruiguang's family Mi Lan Dancong is picked only once a year from single trees that are not pruned back to encourage deeper roots & more robust flavor, year after year. His mountain plot and decades of work in improving agriculture techniques for the region have earned Huang Ruiguang's Milan awards such as the recent 2015 Gold Medal at the Sixth Guangdong Tea Expo. Mi Lan varietal is set apart with its distinctive golden green leaf color in early spring & its luscious deep aromatics.
- 2021 High Elevation Mi Lan XiangThis high elevation Mi Lan Dancong comes from older trees on Master Huang's favorite plot of land high up the mountain in Wudongshan. He describes the orientation to the rising sun and the microclimate as the best suited for rich, powerful Dancong. Huang Ruiguang's expertise and leadership in agriculture across Fenghuang have won him dozens of awards, such as the recent gold medal for Mi Lan at the Guangdong Tea Expo 2015. Mi Lan varieties is naturally one of the most luscious, juicy and floral teas out there. The perfect microclimate of Wudongshan and Huang Ruiguang’s masterful craftsmanship during the meticulous 16 hour yaoqing process bring out unprecedented complexity in this reserve offering.
- 2021 Old Tree Wulong DancongThis Old Tree Dancong is picked from tree stock over one hundred years old. These trees are allowed to grow wild on the mountainside, and are only picked once a year in small quantities to allow the trees to continue growing. The deeper roots take up more minerals and the long history of the tree means that as a fighter, the plant has produced more polyphenols to fend off threats than cultivated plants, giving it a richer more complex flavor as a result. Master Huang leans on over fifty years of nationally-recognized and awarded work in tea to direct his sons in hand-finishing this limited harvest tea.
- 2021 High Elevation Jin Lan XiangHuang Ruiguang's family Jin Lan Xiang comes from the extremely sought after high-elevation Wudongshan older tree stock picked from his favorite plot with a cool microclimate & east-facing slope for early morning light. Jin Lan (金兰) roughly translates to sworn brotherhood, and indeed, this tea takes the dedication of a “sworn brotherhood” to finish, requiring over 24 hours of meticulous and exhausting hand processing to bring out the deep aromatics of this striking and rare varietal. Each sip is almost like drinking candy. Master Huang's fifty years of celebrated work in agricultural innovation has changed the world of Dancong for the better.
- 5-106-820820 seconds101062086 seconds4512room temp8 hours
oz.use 208° watersteep 20 secondsresteep many times
add 10 sec. each infusion
Gongfu10 g.6 ozuse 208° watersteep 6 seconds
add 4 sec. per steepingenjoy many steepings
oz.use room temp. waterrefrigerate overnight
8 hoursadd ice & enjoy